As of September 13, 2020, in-person worship in the sanctuary has resumed. Please note the following guidelines:
- A record of the names of attendees is required for Contact Tracing purposes.
- Face coverings should be worn by anyone over the age of 2, except in cases of medical conditions that prevent wearing one. Extra masks will be made available in cases where people may have forgotten them. Face coverings must be worn all the time. Worship leaders may not be wearing masks during spoken or sung portions of the service. They will be separated from worshippers by no less than 12 feet.
- The sanctuary can be accessed from the back (narthex) and from the front (Family Life Wing). All attendees will be seated by ushers before worship and then dismissed by ushers at the conclusion of worship.
- Elevator capacity will be limited to one family and no more than two unrelated individuals at a time.
- Attendees will always strive to maintain at least 6 feet distance while attending the service.
- Restrooms will be open during the service with proper hygiene instructions.
- All attendees are required to notify Pastor Chris Dodge of any positive Covid-19 test for themselves or family members who attended a service. We are required to report this to the Foxborough Board of Health.
Sunday Worship Reservations
To conform with state guidelines and mandates, seating will be limited. Our preference is for everyone to sign up in advance.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church Office (508-543-5678) by 12 PM on the Thursday prior to the service.
- Reservations will be accepted after Thursday by either contacting the Church Office or Mary Peterson (email@example.com)
- “Walk-ins” on Sunday morning will be accommodated as space allows.
For those who are not able to join us in worship, a virtual service will continue to be shared on Sunday mornings. Links are provided in the Facebook and Constant Contact reminders. We are also working on technology upgrades that will allow for each week’s worship service to be livestreamed. Stay tuned for more details.
Who are we?
Believing that all people are created in God’s image, and thus are blessed and loved equally by God, Bethany welcomes all who seek to follow Jesus to share in the life, leadership, ministry, fellowship, worship, sacraments, responsibilities, blessings, and joys of our church family. To that end, we commit ourselves to making inclusivity a reality in both Bethany and the world. Further, we rely upon the unconditional nature of God’s love and grace as our help and guide.
Bethany is comprised of a group of friendly people welcoming to others and willing to serve. Our members pray and care for the one another and are responsive to the needs to the needs of others. Bethany has always been a place where people feel loved. Our members encourage a Christian relationship with each other.
Bethany Congregational Church seeks to be a “big umbrella” congregation whose primary creed is Christ’s love. We are committed to building Christ’s Beloved Community with open minds, open hearts, and open arms. We seek to be a healthy, effective, intergenerational, faith community that aspires to live and serve with Christ’s courage and compassion, affirming our unity as God’s people while acknowledging with grace our many differences.
Founded in 1763, Bethany Church is rooted in the New England Congregational Tradition. Our current building, constructed in 1854 is located adjacent to the Foxboro town common. The sanctuary includes a large pipe organ and project technology. The Family Life Wing houses classroom and meeting space, small gymnasium and the Little Footsteps Preschool. The office wing houses staff offices, the Nursery, classrooms and the Barton Chapel.
Pastor and Teacher – Rev. Christopher Dodge firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children’s Ministry – Chris Hughes email@example.com
Director of Music – Bernie Franc firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Administrator – Lynne Dombrowski email@example.com
Dir. of Little Footsteps – Priscilla Willard firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Sexton – Jeff Peterson